it would seem that the cold, winter days are here to stay. just like you don’t wear the same clothes in august and february; your skin care products should change as well. it’s time to ditch the oil-banishing toners, cleaners and treatments for more hydrating products. look for products that promote hydration and will add that luster and glow we often lose during the winter months.
we have pulled together a few of our winter favorites:
first aid beauty ultra repair hydra-firm sleeping cream:
an anti aging overnight facial cream for smooth, deeply hydrated skin
first aid beauty eye duty triple remedy overnight balm
an eye treatment that counteracts key visible signs of aging for both the under eye area and upper eye lid
clarins mission perfection serum:
a targeted serum—powered by the dark spot-correcting action of acerola extract—to promote even, luminous skin while respecting your natural skintone
kiehl’s creme de corps:
a rich, non-greasy, hydrating body moisturizer
clinique take the day off cleansing balm:
a transformational, lightweight makeup remover that goes from balm to oil to milk to melt away every trace of makeup—a makeup artists’ best friend
tata harper resurfacing mask:
a beta-hydroxy treatment for smooth, radiant skin
algenist regenerative anti-aging lotion:
a lightweight lotion to hydrate skin and address aging concerns.
josie maran 100 percent pure argan oil:
a lightweight oil to deeply hydrate and treat skin, hair, and nails.
a few tips for great skin during winter months.
• as we often don’t drink as much during the winter months, be sure to hydrate – at least eight glasses of water a day.
• continue to exercise to bring up your heart rate and keep your blood pumping and your pulse rate up. it will keep that radiant glow we all love during summer!
• don’t turn up the heat in the shower or the tub. hot water is dehydrating!
• year-round exfoliation. remove the top layer of dead skin to reveal brighter, young skin cells. use a glycolic acid cleanser, rather a coarse, granular scrub.
• a healthy diet is key – eat clean and green. eating vegetables like broccoli and kale with vitamins a & c help maintain a radiant complexion.